BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 16, 2011

Where is Potter...more

Okay, so all seven books and movies are officially out and there is one Harry Potter theme park with one on the way. How awesome is that.

There is this one thing that really ticks me off about the franchise and that is the teasing of fucking Pottermore.

I wish I could explain what Pottermore is. I am only assuming (because I am not a Beta) that it’s a community of HP fans (what do you call them?) that join in on some behind the scene stuff on the books. A.k.a: It’s really just milking the money making cow.

I have no problem with some more HP. Sometimes, I do feel that maybe we should put the franchise to rest. However we are in a time where entertainment is kept alive at all costs. Like comic book heroes, Star Wars, Star Trek, the Beatles, and Lord of the Rings (remember, there is “Hobbit” the movie coming out). Hell I still want a portrait of Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn.

The difference is that this whole Pottermore thing is not open to the public. I’m sorry I don’t watch out for things like Quill challenges on my computer. Sorry that I felt that my grades were at risk. It doesn’t, however explain why the hell this whole Beta period is taking forever.

All I’m saying is that if things like facebook and google+ can handle more than a million followers and still keep up with things like updates, why not Pottermore?

0 comments: