BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 10, 2011

It didn't end in King's Cross

I saw the last movie of Harry Potter weeks after the actual release. I found that it was touching and is was pretty sad to see something I spent a decade watching go bye bye.


Still, there was this knowing that one tower of geekdom will be closed off and everyone could just move on with their lives. The next generation might have even had a healthy balance of real life and life at Hogwarts.

But that's all that I just thought. Then I remember for geeks, there is really no end. People might still dress up as Harry Potter or Hermione Granger. There is still that Hogwarts castle in Florida and lets not forget that Harry Potter still has the most fanfics.

Still, small things and nothing as huge as a movie. Then there was Pottermore.

I heard about it, but just figured it was a site selling the Harry Potter E books, which I was very excited about. Hey, just because I preach about getting away from the hard stuff doesn't mean I don't want to read a book once in a while.

I was checking it out I guess a month after it was opened, only to find that the were not accepting anymore members. I was surprised and a bit pissed. Aparently they only allowed over a million that succeeded in a "Quill Challenge" to test the site. Imagine my surprise when I found out they weren't selling books, but they were, however, giving people houses and wands.

So I am to guess that Pottermore is half facebook and half rp. I somewhat want one, but I already spend enough time on facebook. If I choose to get one, you will know. And maybe I'll write my Pottermore experience and give you the final conclusion

0 comments: