BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Got Internet!!!

Right now I just feel like shit. I spent the majority of the night with stomach aches wondering if I could even go to school. I guess it was some sort of payback...

Because I treated myself to a new toy.

I love reading books. I love the smell of a library or bookstore and pray that one day, Barnes & Nobles will come out with their own perfume.

Yeah, not likely.

When eBook readers like Kindle and Nook started coming out, I was very annoyed. Like there isn't enough stuff on pixel. It was after a trip to BN, that I realized that I didn't have enough space. Not enough for all the books I want. I wanted to re-collect the Harry Potter series, get my hands on The House of Night series, start collecting comic books, and buy those big bargain books on 18th century fashion (the time I should have been born. Either that or the 80's so I could live my teens in the 90's).

So, I went to the pixel side. I bought a nook on ebay that was in fair condition. It didn't really do anything fancy. It was the first one I guess, it wasn't colored, and whenever it turned the page, it didn't do so gracefully.

Still, the wifi makes up for it, and the nook account. I guess they just give you free books like a new game console comes with free games. I obtained Pride and Prejudice, Dracula, Little Women, and some other things. The fact that I didn't sacrifice any more space in my already crowded room was nice. But I still feel a bit guilty.

The best times I had were in a bookstore or library. It seemed so disappointing. I figured the feel of a book was the only thing the future couldn't take it away. It's funny thinking that my nieces and nephews (no way I am having children), will possibly live in a world without books.

0 comments: