BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Camping's Ideal Apocalypse

So, the world was supposed to end Saturday. Some people said at 6 while others said at 9 p.m. Bottom line is we are still here and people that spent life savings on apocalypse billboards are probably really pissed and poor. I would be too.

Really, who did this Harold Camping guy think he was??? I am extremely open minded when it comes to religion. I am a Roman Catholic myself, but I don't mind being around people with different spiritual backgrounds. If you are a satanist, you do you hun. I am not God, I don't have the right to say where you go.

But there is something about Evanangelists (spelled right?) that is very unsettling. They always seem to try to condemn people to hell. If you watch Harry Potter, you're going to hell. If you like to watch shows on NBC that are by Athiests or Jews...you're going to hell. Basically, earth is hell to these people. I can only give my opinion on the matter. I saw a movie called Jesus Camp about a group of devoted Evanangelist kids and their teacher. This group was extremely pro-life and worshiped (I mean literal on-their-knees) George W. Bush ( the son). This one girl talked about other Christian religions (i.e. Catholics) and described them as zombies. I would like to defend my spiritual background in the matter that I find our practice in standing up and sitting down very sacred. It's a practice that has been with us for many centuries to listen and learn. I think it's fine what other religions do, but don't bring down others on a documentary on netflix!

I guess, I am for once prejudice in a fellow Christian religion, which is sad. These Evanangelists are just too out there like Lady Gaga and it's extremely hard to get where there going at. I think Camping should quit trying to figure out when the world's going to end, it's making his own followers look bad spending so much money for nothing. People, I am trying to say we should just enjoy life not anticipate the end. If you believe in heaven or hell, cool, so do I. If you're an athiests, cool, lets be friends and talk about something else. Let us try not to change others. Love thy neighbor!

0 comments: