BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Virginal in the South

I am reading the book, "Sex and the City" by Candace Bushnell (nothing like Carrie Bradshaw) and have so far accept that Bushnell will not mention the subculture of sexuality: virgins.

On that I happen to be. First I would like to say that I am not going to throw a hissy fit. I am respect her material even if it is nothing like the show (I am a great fan of). Still, girls in their twenties that choose to wait till "the one" are not considered great characters. Unless we are carrying God's child (I do hope that never happens to me), we aren't really considered a role model.

Sookie Stackhouse from the HBO series is a great exception, but notice how there aren't many episodes of her as a virgin. The minute she sees Bill the Vampire, she knew she wouldn't be a virgin for long.

In my case, it's different. I don't have vampires around and have high expectations. I admit that that is overboard, but I really do prefer for the one. I admit though, it's tempting to just get it over with. Just go to a party and get the whole messy thing done. Just to see what's the big deal about it. In my heart though, I feel like it wouldn't be worth it.

Because I am a virgin, finding a true guy has become difficult not because I am a prude, rather because its a sport for guys to be to first. I could see the appeal. For them it's like being Christopher Columbus finding new land. Like I said before, it's considered a sport to get the virgin, making it extremely difficult for me.

So, here I am waiting, wondering if I am such a virgin, why do I know too much about sex? I give up on wondering and just consider it a gift. I pray each day that with every passing man the one will be closer.

Still, as sad as this sounds, romance and sex are not at the top of my lists. It's independence and travel. How sad is that?

0 comments: