BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gleek All About It

I am a bit of a Gleek. I love Lea Michelle, Darren Criss, and Mathew Morrison. But I kind of think Ryan Murphy is an ass. Not because of the whole chopping off the shows best and beloved cast, but because he is doing a crappy show called Glee Project.


I will just call it GP. It's about bringing in twelve hopefuls that want to be the next star on Glee. It's full of bitchy personas, drama, and bad voices (how the hell did some make it through the audition?). While I am all for getting a glipse of Darren Criss, I really don't care for how these cast members treat each other. I am not saying that i think the original glee cast would do any better. I really wouldn't know. Ignorance is bliss. Ryan Murphy comes off to me as a creator looking to make a quick buck like a girl from the Bad Girls Club (though I cannot wait for them).

I feel sorry for the true gleeks. They are going to lose some pretty cool characters. I admit that I was shocked by the news, but the truth is that Glee really doesn't affect me. I know, it's about being a outcast in high school. The thing is I survived that. i really don't need a life lesson from Glee. However, it would be nice to find a show for the college age group that does not involved sex and sororites, but real life.

I want to see girls like me that doesn't live in a fancy dorm. I want to see fanatics trying to keep up with school work. I want to see stupid girls obviously making stupid decisions for "love". I want smoke, failure, and imperfections. I do not want Emma Stone or Blake Lively. I want a girl that is out of school and makes some effort to live happy. I don't want her to just wake up happy with a man interested.

I doubt Hollywood will listen.

0 comments: