BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Channel Me

I love Equals Three. Really, one of the best shows on youtube. I actually want to marry Ray William Johnson. Still, he makes me think, which you should know by now isn't a good thing.

I was thinking about how easy it is to be famous now. One doesn't have to go through the traditional bullshit nowadays just for fifteen minutes of fame. Just post a video on youtube, and if you're amusing enough, people will come. Sometimes, not just people, but the media.

Like that boy that sang Paparazzi on the piano whose name is Michael Greyson. Last year he was invited on the Ellen Degeneris show after she viewed his youtube videos. Also, the Far East Movement got popular by youtube and I think even Justin Bieber (even though I can't stand him, I have to admit he's famous).

Basically, youtube has become a stage and anyone could join.

Still, could youtube just be another way for today's culture to feed growing egoism? Or is it an opportunity do find diamonds in the rough? Youtube is a gray area for me so I don't know if its toxic or not.

I just know its so fun!

0 comments: