BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You got the whole world looking at your blog

I mentioned the movie Julie and Julia before. Wasn't that such an awesome movie? Really, an inspiration to all of us bloggers. But if you haven't seen the movie, but love spoilers, I will reveal a part. There is this one part where Julie Powell decides not to go to work but is fully aware that her co-workers and boss read it. So she put up an excuse on her blog as a way of an alibi. Course, when she goes back to work, her boss calls her in and questions her about the blog entry. He tells her that he better not see himself in the blog.

Hell, even when Powell put up a fony story, she still got caught. So it's a first rule for those who work not to post a blog during work or when skipping work. It pretty much works out to especially not brag about blogging during work.

Which is exactly what teacher, Natalie Munroe did.

I can't really give you quotes. The story is a bit old so there is really no need for it. What did happen though was Munroe had a blog on this blogging site. She admits in some parts in her blog that she was really supposed to be working. But, it gets worse. Apparently Munroe did something even more stupid and decided to go on a frustrated rant about how the high school students were lazy, unmotivated, and spoiled. Basically brats. I understand that she was frustrated because apparently this lady is going on 9 months pregnant.

I could only imagine what happened. I guess that one school morning Munroe got after her Central Bucks HS kids a little more than usual ( I would imagine due to the hormones). These kids decided they were more pissed than usual and went to her blog. I would imagine they were doing more digging just in case they got something juicier, but only came up with Munroe's frustrated rants. All one had to do was show Mommy and Daddy and presto! The school puts a prego teacher in suspension.

Now, I a a little divided between the sides. Let me start with Munroe.

Basically, she did have every right to state her opinion. In her new blog entry, she did say that she didn't reveal her whole name or workplace. Just that she was a teacher and her students were real bastards (my word, not hers). So, she didn't really do anything wrong. She didn't taint the school name. If I got in trouble by expressing my feelings I would be pissed! Our nation was for the freedom of speech among other reasons.

Now against would be this. It was stupid for Munroe to even put her workplace on the blog. Obviously you can get in trouble. I mean putting it in a negative light. Also, she obviously didn't do a good job in covering her tracks. If she did put her pen name as Natalie M., how were those lazy kids smart enough to dig up all those blogs. I believe she did tell someone (teacher or student) and they told others. Bravo Munroe! The worst place to say a little personal detail is at a school no matter the age group.

0 comments: