BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 27, 2011

"Have You Lost Weight?" ;)?

So, I have been in this college for a bit. Not saying how long. That's for you to decide. I will say it is more than two semesters. I am very familiar with the student employees that work here. Not like I know them by name, but I know there faces. It's sad, really. What is really sad is that even though they see student after student, they know me.

So, I was at school today because I have to look up something for a class. Also, I need to be away from family! I can only bare them so much! I go to the computer lab and hand in my I. D. The guy in charge of that reminds me of a gentle giant. His arms are freaking big and her is obviously in good shape. He has black hair and I would guess he is Hispanic (muy caliente?). He gets my I.D. looks at me up and down and says "Have you lost weight?"

I had no idea how to say to this. I felt my eyes go wide and I looked up at the ceiling like an idiot and said, "I don't think so. Maybe I got shorter."

"No," he says. "You get shorter by the age of forty."

So like a complete idiot I say, "Oh, that's a relief."

!!!!!

He just said it again. I don't even think I said thanks. I don't remember. So after going to the lab and doing what I normally do, I couldn't help but think up all kinds of good comebacks. Even "What about you? Your looking pretty good yourself." Ugh. Cheesy, but I would have made an impression. After I pick up my I.D. and mutter and thanks. I put my card in my purse and look up to his window only to see that his head just turned.

I don't know how I feel about the whole thing. I guess flattered. Maybe he was trying to flatter me. All I know is that next time he does something like that again, I am totally smitten.

Now, I said last post that I probably gained three pounds. Truth is, I am not sure. I don't own a scale at the moment. I haven't been eating the best foods and haven't been doing much exercise. The tone I once had in my legs is gone. Bet he wouldn't comment when he sees how white and jello like they are. Still, I am totally going to find a scale ASAP!

0 comments: