BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

THIS IS THE VOICE!

Yes, I am doing to posts today. Mostly because I really need to avoid my online classes before my brain explodes! So this post is about the new hit singing competition, the Voice. I was reading Rolling Stone's article on the show. They called it "Idol's Wild Child". Which I could see why.

I used to watch Idol every year. But every year I really lost interest. Mostly because the winners just seem to fit the usual next-door persona. Especially this new guy called Scottie Forgothisname. His baritone voice just didn't appeal to me. I don't even think that girl, Lauren Something, is great either. I watched maybe one or two episodes this season, really just because of the new judges. It's good they bring in new meat, but Tyler and Lopez are so bad at critiquing. I always felt that was another bad thing about American Idol.

But watching to Voice has something different. Instead for those horrible filler bad auditions where the judges basically laugh at the poor contestants, we just get to the good stuff. That is the first appeal. Second is of course the judges. Cee Lo Green? Blake Sheldon? WTF? Not do these people still have a career, but they fight for contestants. Well, not literally, but there is a lot of persuading involved. Not only that, but I am actually rooting for the contestants. With Idol, I always felt I could sing better than those phonies. In Voice, I tip my hat to voices like Javier, Vicki, and Xenia. I know I could never be as good as them.

Next are the live shows. I sadly don't have cable so I would have to watch on hulu. But I am watching till the bitter end.

0 comments: